Business Rates Appeals
The reduction of Business Rates is an increasingly important element of cost control for most companies. Our knowledge of complex rating procedures make us well placed to advise on the initial decision of whether to appeal a rating assessment and to deal effectively with any appeal negotiation.
Richard Sherrott and Andrew Lockhart have experience in dealing with a wide range of clients and situations. We are able to provide expertise in all areas of property rating advice:
- Investigate existing rateable value assessments
- Advise upon rating appeals and appeals procedure
- Submit rating appeals
- Undertake negotiations with the valuation officer
- Splits, mergers and temporary business rates relief
- Represent clients at valuation tribunals
The Government have recently renewed a temporary relief for businesses that hold empty premises below a rateable value of £12,000 in the 2010 Rating List. For further advice please do get in touch.
For more information and advice please contact either Richard Sherrott or Andrew Lockhart